Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So frustrated

I lost yet another article, that's two!, an article I spent hours and poured mental sweat over. Now, it's lost in the emptiness of cyberspace. I should've listened to my friend to draft my works in WordPad or NotePad. I hate the feeling of losing something that I've worked so hard on. But I guess that's the lesson I'm learning - take care of those things that are important to you. Listen to good advice. On the other hand, I could just reinvent the wheel! Waah!

I have always had a thing for writing on materials that's at least nice to look at or smooth.
When I went to high school in Abu Dhabi and our supplies were given by the school, I asked the registrar if I could have another set, not the one with the Teenage Mutant Turtles. I wouldn't be able to concentrate and to write on them. I spent all afternoon arguing. I was so feisty but I met a wall. My brother, bless his kindness, agreed to exchange with me just to get me out of the registrar's office.

Nowadays, I write on anything I can - even restaurant napkins! But I still had that old mentality when I write on my blog. It's like having nice paper to look and to type on. So, I would draft my works there, oblivious to the fact that it's happened before, I've lost my entries while drafting on my Multiply site. So, now, I'm typing this on a WordPad document with its rudimentary look. I guess I should just be thankful for the fact that I could write on something. Sigh. Yes, Lord, the simple things ...

So, I'm back to my mental drawing board. Grrr!!!

But thank God for the opportunity to restart.

No comments: