Wednesday, September 10, 2008

consumatum est ...

yes, it's finished! so far, the last of my commitments have finished! today is the UPSA concert and i'm glad. i didn't have to do much but it stresses me sometimes to be in information services. yes, i know i finished journalism ... but sometimes i just feel like i don't want to do it anymore. i want to write for pleasure and sometimes, i want to retreat into my own world. i don't want any more complications.

when i was asked to become publicity coordinator for the concert while on vacation in mexico, i thought many times before saying "yes". my mom already told me to say "no" because she knew it might stress me but when i saw the terms of reference, i thought, it didn't sound so bad. when i finally got down to the nitty-gritty, i started panicking as to how i could come up with the press release and contact the media in such a short time. i got back 16 august and the concert is 10 september. i had other commitments and national conferences to attend to beforehand. but God is good. i received an already prepared press release in french no less and through the help of google, i translated it into english and just edited it after. i sent it to the media and only one responded ... abs-cbn. at least we got one coverage.

bo sanchez is right ... sometimes you just have to say "no" so you can say "yes" to the more important things of life. nobody forced me to say yes. i did my responsibility and honestly it may not have been my best. but now, i'd like to take a break and just live.

i have a standing commitment with a church group that i belong to ... but i hardly get tired doing that so i continue. when i commit, i like to give my 100 percent. if i can't give that, it's not worth saying "yes".

now ... i will enjoy my freedom and just meet up with friends and see life!

No comments: